Mississippi Medicaid Websites
Medicaid is a national health care program. It helps pay for medical services for low-income people. For those eligible for full Mississippi Medicaid services, Medicaid is paid to providers of health care. Providers are doctors, hospitals and pharmacists who accept Medicaid in Mississippi.
To qualify for Medicaid in Mississippi:
- you must be a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence
- An applicant must be a resident of Mississippi.
- You must meet requirements for age and/or disability, income, resources and other Mississippi Medicaid eligibility requirements
- Make application for Mississippi Medicaid at the Medicaid Regional Office that serves your area
- Provide requested verification to the Medicaid Specialist who handles your application within the allowed time limits
What is Medicaid in Mississippi?
- Medicaid is a national health care program. It helps pay for medical services for certain low-income people.
- For those eligible for full Medicaid services, Medicaid is not paid to you. Medicaid is only paid to providers of health care.Providers are doctors, hospitals, pharmacists and other medical professionals who take Medicaid.
- Be sure the provider you see takes Medicaid before you get any service.
- If the provider does not take Medicaid, you must pay the bill.
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible for Medicaid if you
- Have limited finances, which would include both your income and resources (things you own), and
- Are either age 65 or over or disabled.
- A citizen of the United States or you are a qualified alien.
How is disability defined?
Medicaid must use the same definition of disability that the Social Security Administration uses for the
How do I apply?
- You can call the Medicaid Regional Office located nearest to you and ask that an application be mailed to you.
- You can go into the regional office closest to you and fill out an application.
- You can request that your application be taken over the telephone. The Regional Office serving your county will bethe Regional Office that will handle your case. Depending on the eligibility group, Medicaid is allowed between 45 and 90 days to process your application.
Mississippi Medicaid Websites | Mississippi Medicaid Planning | Qualify For Mississippi Medicaid | Apply For Mississippi Medicaid | Medicaid in MS